As Approach with Coffee sees its 1st Birthday I thought it would be nice to share some facts about me, so people reading can get to know who’s behind the blogs.
Most of the people who read what I write already know me – but how well do you really know me!?
Instead of pouring my heart out about my mental health or offering tips on getting by – I thought a light-hearted fact filled post would make a nice change. So, I’ve put together 20 facts about me;
1. I’m addicted to the taste of coffee – I drink on average 7 big mugful’s a day! They say it’s not good for anxiety but I honestly haven’t seen or felt a difference since drinking it compared to when I didn’t, I do drink decaf in the evenings though.
2. Im a qualified beauty therapist. I never had the confidence to do anything with my qualification after leaving college but wish I had.
3. I’m epileptic – I first started having seizures at 16 just after leaving High School. It affected me more than I originally thought and definatly knocked my confidence. I take tablets twice a day and I hate the feeling of not being in control when I fit. I experience grand mal seizures and have been fit free for several months at present so will hopefully be able to start driving lessons again once I reach a year fit free.
4. One of my biggest achievements is running the Cardiff Half Marathon in honour of my cousin Captain Stephen Healey and raising money for one of the charities he cared about – Blind Veterans UK.
5. I use healing crystals around the house and in my day to day life. I always carry a Red Jaspar worry stone with me no matter where I’m going. They have incredible healing properties and I find great comfort in them.
6. I have a pom called Coco, she’s my absolute world and I love her! She’s 7 years old, hates waking up early and going in the car, loves paté on toast and napping.
7. I’m a sensitive soul especially when it comes to animals – I cry all the time – when I’m really happy, when I’m angry and when I’m sad.
8. I’m always drawn to what most people would call “ugly shoes”
9. I suffer with lycopersicoa phobia – a fear of tomatoes, anything with tomato sauce really – baked beans are my worst fear!
10. Pet hates include (but aren’t limited too) – biting into a malteser when diving into a bag of revels – I can’t stand it! It makes me really uncomfortable & see through leggings (Especially when girls wear short tops with them – no one needs to see that!)
11. I love writing lists and planning things. Im a sucker for stationary.
12. I generally prefer animals over humans – they are usually kinder and you always know where you stand with them.
13. Massive girl crushes are Taylor Momsen, Selena Gomez & Debbie Harry.
14. Im so obsessed with serial killer documentaries that its border line concerning – comment below any that you recommend (I know I’m not the only one that loves to watch these type of programmes!)
15. I love Autumn & Winter and usually spend most of summer moaning that I can’t wait for it to get colder! I just love jumper weather and all the festivities.
16. My main man crush is Kurt Cobain – closely followed by Luke Harper, Pete Doherty & Jonah Hill.
17. I love love LOVE beards.
18. Dreams of mine include being self employed, writing a book, learn how to play drums & owning lots of dogs.
19. I have an absurd sneeze that makes most of my office jump – Side note this sneeze actually bagged me a fiancé!
20. I am an expert at napping – I nap every single day.
I wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone that reads the scribbles that I upload, I haven’t uploaded much lately and have had a few problems with my site – but I’m back and have loads of uploads ready to post. Watch this space!